New Zealand Tourist Visa information for all Visitors seeking short term travel to New Zealand
From the 1st October 2019, visitors from Visa Free countries also known as Visa Waiver countries must apply on https://www.new-zealand-visa.org for an online electronic Travel authorisation in the form of New Zealand Visitor Visa.
When you make a New Zealand Tourist Visa Application online, you may pay a small fee towards the International Visitor Levy and Electronic Travel Authority in a single transaction. You must have a valid passport from one of the Visa Waiver countries to enter New Zealand on the NZ eTA (New Zealand electronic Travel Authorisation).
Points to Note for you New Zealand Visitor Visa:
- Please ensure that your passport is valid for three months at the date of entry into New Zealand.
- You must have a valid email address to receive the electronic authorisation.
- You should have ability to make online payment with methods like Credit / Debit card or Paypal.
- Purpose of your visit must be related to tourism.
- Medical visits to New Zealand require a separate Visa which New Zealand Tourist Visa (NZ eTA) does not cover, refer to the New Zealand Visa Types.
- You do not require New Zealand Visitor Visa if you are a New Zealand Permanent Resident or an Australian passport holder (citizen). Australian Permanent residents, however, must apply for a New Zealand Tourist Visa (NZ eTA).
- Your stay in New Zealand for a single visit must not exceed 90 days.
- Must not have criminal conviction.
- Should not have past history of being deported from another country.
- If the Government of New Zealand has sufficient reasons to believe that you have pass offences, then your New Zealand Tourist Visa (NZ eTA) may not be approved.
Documents required for New Zealand Tourist Visa
You need the following ready for your New Zealand application for the purposes of sight-seeing and tourism.
- A passport from visa eligible countries.
- Validity of 90 days of passport on the date of entry.
- Two blank pages so that customs officer can stamp on the airport. Note that we do NOT require to see your passport or have a scan copy or get courier of your passport. We only require your passport number, its expiry date.
- Your name, middle name, surname, date of birth must match exactly as mentioned in the passport otherwise boarding at the airport or seaport may be denied.
- Credit / Debit card or Paypal account details.
How to get New Zealand Visitor Visa
You can apply online through a simple, straightforward and a two-minute online process at New Zealand Esta Application Form to obtain your New Zealand electronic Travel Authorisation (NZ eTA).