New Zealand Tourist Visa
By: eTA New Zealand Visa
Visitors from Visa Free nations, also known as Visa Waiver countries, must apply for an online electronic travel authorization in the form of a New Zealand eTA from 2019.When you apply for a New Zealand Tourist Visa online, you can pay the International Visitor Levy and the Electronic Travel Authority in a single exchange. To enter New Zealand on the NZ eTA, you must possess a valid passport from one of the Visa Waiver nations (New Zealand electronic Travel Authorisation).
New Zealand Visa (NZeTA)
New Zealand eTA Application Form now allows visitors from all nationalities to obtain New Zealand eTA (NZETA) by email without visiting New Zealand Embassy. New Zealand Immigration now officially recommends Online New Zealand Visa or New Zealand ETA online rather than sending paper documents. New Zealand Visa application process is automated, simple, and completely online. You can obtain New Zealand eTA by filling out a form on this website and making the payment using a Debit or Credit Card. You will also require a valid email id as New Zealand eTA information will be sent to your email id. You do not need visit an embassy or consulate or to send your passport for Visa stamping. If you are arriving to New Zealand by the Cruise Ship route, you should check the New Zealand ETA eligibility conditions for Cruise Ship arrival to New Zealand.
The Ultimate Guide to Obtaining a New Zealand Tourist Visa
This island country provides far more than a tourist visa to New Zealand. Who wouldn't enjoy New Zealand with its high mountains, deep caverns, and relaxing and peaceful beaches? Every tourist with a New Zealand tourist visa travels to the Australian continent to see much more than just this breathtaking beauty.
What Exactly Is A Tourist Visa In New Zealand?
A tourist visa is provided to anyone who wishes to come to New Zealand for tourism. This permit permits you to travel to the country to tour, visit, attending concerts and other recreational activities.
This visa is typically issued for a three (3) month stay and can be single-entry or multiple-entry.
The validity period is usually 12 months, but this can vary depending on your visa type.
However, it should be remembered that the visa does not ensure access to the country. If border control discovers a problem with your permission, they can prevent you from entering.
How Do I Apply for a Tourist Visa in New Zealand?
There are two ways to apply for a tourist visa to New Zealand: online and offline.
However, before proceeding with the procedure, you must review the application's eligibility criteria. These are the criteria that will determine whether or not you can obtain the permit.
The New Zealand visa application procedure is as follows:
The Online Process:
- Visit the New Zealand eTA website.
- Fill out the application form.
- Photographs should be uploaded.
- Pay the tourist visa fees for New Zealand.
- Then you can wait for clearance.
The Offline Process:
- Begin by downloading the application form.
- Select the type of visa you require.
- Fill out the visa application form and other required paperwork.
- You can then gather the necessary paperwork.
- Send the documents to the New Zealand Immigration Department.
- Then you can pay the required fee.
- Wait till your documents are approved.
It should be noted that a New Zealand tourist visa for less than three (3) months can be obtained by either of the aforementioned procedures; however, if you plan a vacation for more than three (3) months, you must apply offline. The online New Zealand tourist visa is only valid for short-term travels of less than three (3) months.
Furthermore, you must provide accurate information when filling out the application forms. Your visa application may be denied if the information is determined to be fraudulent or unverifiable. Rejection of your visa may impact your subsequent applications for any other type of permit or to any other nation.
As a result, you are strongly advised to consult a specialist or use a visa service if necessary.
Are you looking for Online New Zealand visa from United Kingdom? Find out the requirements of the New Zealand eTA for United Kingdom citizens and the eTA NZ visa application from United Kingdom. Learn more at Online New Zealand Visa for United Kingdom Citizens.
The permit eligibility criteria must be met before applying for the visa. If you do not, your application may be rejected. Some of the critical parameters are as follows:
You must have evidence of a confirmed visit:
- Round-trip reservations must be made in advance.
- You must visit only for tourism purposes and not seek or accept employment.
You must meet the following health requirements:
- You must be in good health to travel to New Zealand.
- Before entering the country, you must undergo a medical examination and produce the required documentation.
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a work permit.
You must be of good character. You may be denied the visa if:
You have a history of criminal convictions.
- You were deported or barred from entering another nation.
- You have been determined to be a threat or risk to the country.
You must have enough money:
- You must have enough money or access enough money to finance your stay and other costs in New Zealand.
- A bank statement or equivalent document, as well as evidence of the same, must be submitted.
Tourist Visa Requirements for New Zealand
Documents of various types are necessary for the issue of this permission.
They may differ based on the type of visa.
The following are the most typical New Zealand tourist visa requirements:
- An original passport valid for at least six (6) months before the date of travel.
- Photographs that have been coloured following the photo criteria.
- A cover letter that includes all of the necessary information.
- Flight tickets have been confirmed.
- Income Tax Returns proof.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- Proof of lodging - hotel reservation, etc.
- Proof of visit purpose - invitation letter, exhibition, conference pass, etc.
- Bank statement or other equivalent documents as proof of sufficient funds.
Photo requirements for a tourist visa in New Zealand:
- Two copies are required.
- 35mm x 45mm is the size of the photograph.
- A colored copy is required.
- The face should cover 70-80% of the frame.
- The head should be centred.
- The picture must not be older than 6 months.
- The background should be white or a light colour.
- Glasses are not authorized for neutral phrases.
- Except for religious reasons, headgear is not permitted.
- Clothing should not match the environment.
Processing Time for a Tourist Visa in New Zealand
The processing period for a tourist visa to New Zealand is around 20 days for the offline visa and approximately 72 hours for the online visa.
The period will still vary based on circumstances such as the workload at the diplomatic office, staff availability if the paperwork is complete or the remaining documents must be provided, and so on. These characteristics influence the time that rises and declines.
You should know a few things after submitting your documents and application form. Some of the suggestions are as follows:
- An electronic visa is obtained for the online tourist visa to New Zealand.
- If border control has the authority to halt you if there are any difficulties with the visa or yourself, an electronic visa does not ensure you access into the nation.
- The application must be submitted online, and the permit can be obtained from the house.
- In the case of an offline application, processing will commence once you pay the right price.
- The documents must be personally delivered to the Consulate.
- If you apply through an agent, you must send an authority letter so the agency can complete your application on your behalf.
Get Online New Zealand visa for US citizens, with new-zealand-visa.org. To find out the requirements of the New Zealand eTA for Americans (USA Citizens) and the eTA NZ visa application learn more at Online New Zealand Visa for US Citizens.
How Can You Check Your Visa Status?
To check the status of your New Zealand tourist visa online, go to the official website of the New Zealand eTA. You can use this method to verify the status of your electronic visa. There is an alternative method for your offline visa. You can contact the High Commission to inquire about the status of your visa, or you can contact your agent to inquire about the status of your visa.
When Will You Have Your Visa?
When you finally acquire the visa, there are a few things you should bear in mind. Some of the most significant are as follows:
Before you travel -
- You must note the visa expiration date and the number of entries allowed.
- It would be best if you left the nation within this time frame.
- Visiting New Zealand while your visa is still good would be best.
- While in the nation, keep a copy of your passport and other travel documents with you.
- For protection, provide health insurance and travel insurance from a certified company.
- Border Control will inspect your paperwork and verify your passport.
- Consult the airport officials if you require assistance.
- Check your visa document for further directions and requirements to follow.
When you arrive in New Zealand
- You should avoid engaging in any form of employment. You can, however, participate in voluntary work.
- Tourist-restricted places must be avoided.
- Make sure you don't overstay your visa and ask for an extension on time.
- If your plans change and you need to stay longer, you can apply for an extension or a different type of visa at least one (1) month before your visa expires.
Important Information for Your New Zealand Visitor Visa:
- Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least three months when you enter New Zealand.
- To obtain electronic authorization, you must have a valid email address.
- You should be able to make online payments using options such as credit/debit cards or Paypal.
- Your visit must have a tourism-related purpose.
- Medical visits to New Zealand require a separate visa, which the New Zealand Tourist Visa (NZ eTA) does not cover; see New Zealand Visa Types for further information.
- If you are a New Zealand Permanent Resident or an Australian passport holder, you do not need a New Zealand Visitor Visa (citizen). On the other hand, permanent residents of Australia must apply for a New Zealand Tourist Visa (NZ eTA).
- A single visit to New Zealand cannot last more than 90 days.
- There must be no criminal convictions.
- Should not have been deported from another country in the past.
- If the New Zealand Government has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have committed a pass violation, your New Zealand Tourist Visa (NZ eTA) may be denied.
Documents required for a tourist visa to New Zealand:
You must have the following items ready for your New Zealand application for sightseeing and tourism:
- A passport from a visa-exempt country.
- Passport validity is 90 days from the date of entrance.
- Two (2) blank pages for the airport customs officer to stamp.
- Please remember that we do not need to view your passport, get a scan, or have it couriered to us. We only need your passport number and expiration date.
- If your name, middle name, surname, and date of birth do not match exactly as listed on your passport, you may be denied boarding at the airport or ports.
- Credit card or PayPal account information.
How to Obtain a Tourist Visa to New Zealand?
To get your New Zealand electronic Travel Authorisation, you can apply online through a simple, two-minute process at the New Zealand eTA Application Form (NZ eTA).
Ascertain if you are eligible for your New Zealand eTA.
If you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver nation, you can apply for an eTA regardless of your mode of transportation (air/cruise). Citizens of the United States, Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom can apply for New Zealand eTA online. Residents of the United Kingdom can stay on New Zealand eTA for 6 months, while others can stay for 90 days.
Please apply for a New Zealand eTA at least 72 hours before your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Zealand eTA Visa. Get answers to the most common questions about the requirements, important information and documents required to travel to the New Zealand. Learn more at New Zealand eTA (NZeTA) Frequently Asked Questions.
List of visa waiver countries and territories
The following are visa waiver countries and territories:
Estonia (citizens only)
Hong Kong (residents with HKSAR or British National–Overseas passports only)
Latvia (citizens only)
Lithuania (citizens only)
Macau (only if you have a Macau Special Administrative Region passport)
Portugal (if you have the right to live permanently in Portugal)
Taiwan (if you are a permanent resident)
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom (UK) (if you are traveling on a UK or British passport that shows you have the right to reside permanently in the UK)
United States of America (USA) (including USA nationals)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to extend the validity of your New Zealand tourist visa?
To extend your permit, you must have an excellent reason to do so. A tourist visa for New Zealand can be renewed by submitting an online application to New Zealand Immigration. After you pay the requisite price, your request will be processed and given an extension. However, it would be best if you met specific conditions to be able to seek an extension.
How long can you stay after your New Zealand Tourist Visa expires?
You are not permitted to stay in the country after your visa has expired. If you need to stay in New Zealand for humanitarian reasons, the government may grant you an extension. However, if you cannot leave the country after your visa expires, you may face charges and, in some situations, be deported or barred from re-entering. If you need to stay, you can extend your visa with valid reasons within the time limit.
Why do you need to take the medical test to obtain your New Zealand tourist visa?
A medical test is a health examination performed by a licensed doctor to ensure that the candidate is free of infectious diseases. This includes not only HIV/AIDS, but also other dangerous diseases that can spread. This medical examination, however, is not mandatory for all types of visas. These are required for long-term visas but may not be required for short-term visas.
Can you convert your New Zealand tourist visa?
You cannot change one form of visa into another, so you cannot convert your tourist visa into a work permit. As a tourist, you may conduct any type of voluntary work in the country, but you must obtain a work permit separately for a paid job.
How much money do you need to have in your bank account to obtain a New Zealand tourist visa?
The New Zealand High Commission does not specify the amount required in your savings bank account. You must provide confirmation that you have at least NZ $1000 for your monthly stay.
How many months before your trip do you need to apply for the New Zealand tourist visa?
You must apply for a tourist visa to New Zealand at least one month before your trip. Aside from processing time, a set number of days is required for document approval and verification. It is safer if you provide sufficient time for processing.
From October 2019 New Zealand Visa requirements have changed. People who do not require a New Zealand Visa i.e. formerly Visa Free nationals, are required to obtain New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization (NZeTA) in order to enter New Zealand. Learn more at Online New Zealand Visa Eligible Countries.
Ensure that you have checked the eligibility for your Online New Zealand Visa. If you are from a Visa Waiver country then you can apply for an Online New Zealand Visa or New Zealand eTA regardless of the mode of travel (Air / Cruise). United States citizens, European citizens, Canadian citizens, United Kingdom citizens, French citizens, Spanish citizens and Italian citizens can apply online for New Zealand eTA. United Kingdom residents can stay on New Zealand eTA for 6 months while others for 90 days.
Please apply for an Online New Zealand Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight.