Online New Zealand Visa Application Process
eTA New Zealand Visa, or New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorization, is a mandatory travel documents for citizens of visa-waiver countries. If you are a citizen of a New Zealand eTA eligible country, or if you are a permanent resident of the Australia, you will need New Zealand eTA for layover or transit, or for tourism and sightseeing, or for business purposes.
Applying for an Online New Zealand Visa is a straighforward process and whole process can be completed online. However its a good idea to understand what are essential New Zealand eTA requirements before you begin the process. In order to apply for your eTA New Zealand Visa, you will have to complete the application form on this website, provide passport, personal and travel details, and pay online.
Before you can complete your application for New Zealand eTA, you will need to have three (3) things: a valid email adress, a way to pay online (debit card or credit card) and a valid passport.
- A valid email address: You will need a valid email address to apply for eTA New Zealand Visa application. As part of the application process, you are required to provide your email address and all communication regarding your application will be done via email. After you complete the New Zealand eTA application, your New Zealand eTA should arrive in your email within 72 hours.
- Online form of payment: After providing all the details regarding your trip to New Zealand, you are required to make the payment online. We use secure payment gateway to process all payments. You will need either a valid Debit or Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) account to make your payment.
- Valid passport: You must have a valid passport that has not expired. If you do not have a passport, then you must apply for one immediately since eTA New Zealand Visa application cannot be completed without the passport information. Remember that New Zealand eTA Visa is electronically linked to your passport.
Application Form and Language support
To start your application, go to www.new-zealand-visa.org and click on Apply Online. This will bring you to New Zealand eTA Application Form. This website provides support for multiple languages like French, Spanish, Italian, dutch, Norwegian, Danish and more. Select your language as shown and you can see the application form translated in your native language.
If you have trouble filling the application form, there are multiple resources available to help you. There is an Frequently Asked Questions page. If you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our helpdesk for support and guidance.
Time required to complete eTA New Zealand Visa application
It typically takes 5-10 minutes to complete eTA application. If you have all the information ready, it could take as little as 5 minutes to complete the form and make your payment. Since eTA New Zealand Visa is a 100% online process, most New Zealand eTA application results are mailed within 24 hours to your email address. If you do not have all information ready, it could take upto an hour to finish the application.
Application Form Questions and Sections
Here are the questions and sections on the New Zealand eTA Application form:
- Country of Passport
- Passport Number
- Passport Date of Issue
- Passport Expiry Date
Personal and Travel Details
- Family/last name
- First/Given Names
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Place of Birth
- National Identity Number (optional)
- Have you changed your name previously?
- Do you have Australian Permanent Residency?
- Are you travelling to New Zealand on a cruise ship?
- Are you transiting through Auckland International Airport on your way to or from Australia?
- Street no, name and address
- Town or City of residence
- Home Country or Country of residence
- Postal / ZIP Code
- State or Province or District
- Are you visiting New Zealand for medical treatment or consultation?
- Have you ever been deported, removed or excluded entry by another country(not New Zealand)?
- Are you currently prohibited from entering New Zealand because of a previous deportation from New Zealand?
- Have you ever been arrested, prosecuted or convicted in any country?
- Have you ever been convicted of an offense for which you were sentenced to 5 years or more imprisonment?
- In the last 10 years have you been convicted of an offense for which you were sentenced to a prison term of 12 months or more?
- Town or city
- Are you able to upload photo right now?
Frequently Asked Questions about the New Zealand eTA Visa. Get answers to the most common questions about the requirements, important information and documents required to travel to the New Zealand. Online New Zealand Visa Frequently Asked Questions.
Entering passport information
It is essential to enter correct Passport Number and Issuing Country of Passport since your Online New Zealand Visa application is linked directly to your passport and you must travel with this passport.
- Look at your passport information page and enter the passport number at the top of this page
- Passport numbers are mostly 8 to 11 characters longer. If you are entering a number that is too short or too long or outside of this range, it is pretty like that you are entering a wrong number.
- Passport numbers are a combination of alphabeters and number, so be extra careful with letter O and number 0, letter I and the number 1.
- Passport numbers should never contain special characters like a hyphen or spaces.
Issuing Country of Passport
- Select the country code shown exactly in the passport information page.
- To figure out the country look for "Code" or "Issuing Country" or "Authority"
If passport information viz. passport number or country code is incorrect in New Zealand eTA application, you may not be able to board your flight to New Zealand.
- You may only find out at the airport if you made a mistake.
- You will need to reapply for New Zealand eTA (or Online New Zealand Visa) at the airport.
- It may not be possible to get New Zealand eTA (NZeTA) at the last minute and it can take upto 72 hours in certain scenarios.
What happens after making Payment
Once you have completed the Application Form page, you will be prompted to make a payment. All payments are processed via secure payment gateway. Once your payment is complete, you should recieve your New Zealand eTA Visa in your email inbox within 72 hours.
Please apply for a New Zealand eTA 72 hours in advance of your flight.